Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence

A sponsorship license enables employers with the ability to hire skilled non-EEA workers. The sponsorship license comes with great compliance responsibilities. We have helped countless businesses through sponsorship license applications. Our expert team of solicitors is highly proficient in advising regarding compliance obligations.

What is a Tier 2 Sponsorship License?

Usually recognized as a ‘Tier 2 (General)’ license, permits you to sponsor and employ experienced workers from outside of the EU. This presents an interesting opportunity to live and work in the UK.
Especially for the skilled migrants accompanied by a valid job offer from a licensed sponsor. The Tier-2 sponsorship license comes with added limitations. Generally, the sponsorship license is granted for an initial period of 4 years.
According to the sponsorship license, the employer must pay a migrant minimum of £20,800 for ‘New Entrants’. Whereas, for experienced workers, the employer shall pay £30,000.
The amount is likewise based on the position offered to the employee. The employers and HR directors need to understand that sponsor licenses come with strict compliance policies.
Failure in compliance can result in large penalties, sometimes even leading to prison sentences. We have the best team of immigration experts on board, ready to assist you with sponsorship license management.
Stay ahead of trouble with a timely update on regulation policies.

How DV Solicitors can help in Sponsorship Certificate?

Different sectors require various services based on necessities. Tier-2 Sponsorship License is highly required to recruit talent from overseas. Hence, the appropriate assistance of immigration experts is essentially required.

DV Solicitors, located in the UK, is highly specialized in dealing affairs associated with tier-2 sponsorship license. Endorsed by reputable organizations, DV Solicitors is committed to providing excellence in the delivery of reliable legal services.

We serve clients from the beginning of tier 2 sponsorship applications to attaining compliance regarding all Home Office requirements.

The Home Office requirements are getting strict regarding compliance, yet we endeavour to deliver compliance procedures for sponsor license holders.

Our specialist immigration solicitors offer the following services:

  • Advice on the sponsor license application
  • Advice regarding issuance of the certificate of Sponsorship
  • Advice concerning UK settlement for your employees
  • Assistance in initial entry and visa extension applications for your employees
  • Conducting mock Home Office audits
  • Assistance in managing sponsorship process by acting as Level 1 user and Key contact
  • Refined implementation regarding processes and procedures
  • Up-to-date information on relevant legal and procedural changes
  • Accomplish transfer of staff from overseas to the UK with convenience
  • Training & consultation on the refinement of HR process to ensure compliance with Home Office regulations.

What are the Eligibility Requirements for Visa Sponsorship Certificate?

The applicant will priorly require satisfying the UK Visas and Immigration eligibility. Furthermore, to qualify for a Tier 2 Sportsperson visa, the applicant must:


  • Be recognized by the sport’s governing body as an elite sportsperson or qualified coach
  • Endorsed by the sport’s governing body
  • Have a certificate of sponsorship from their approved sponsor
  • Know English to the CEFR Level A1 (speaking and listening)
  • Hold sufficient funds to support yourself instead of relying on public funds


There exist additional criteria that may employ based on your circumstances. We will assess your situation accordingly and render advice on which requirements need to be fulfilled, including a bespoke documentation list.

How Does My Company Apply?

To apply for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence, you will need to fill in the online application form and send it to UKVI along with the required supporting documents.

We advise drafting a strong covering letter to send with the application, which clarifies any details or relevant background information, such as corporate structures. Our team can help with this too.

In some circumstances, you could receive a visit from Home Office immigration officials who will examine your HR policies and procedures systems to check your business can meet its compliance requirements.

How to get a Sponsorship Certificate License?

To acquire a sponsor license (formerly called Tier 2 Sponsor License), you will need to follow some general practices.
  • Fill an online application form along with required supporting documents as evidence.
  • Send these documents to UKVI with a well-defined covering letter along with the application.

We highly recommend drafting an appropriate cover letter that may define complete background information regarding the company. In some cases, the Home Office may ask to present additional supporting documents such as HR processes as evidence.
Whereas Home Office could also host a compliance visit to the company during an assessment of the license application. The purpose is to ensure that HR policies and procedures can meet compliance requirements.
Our professional team can help you with mock audits of HR procedures to evaluate any weaknesses and take responsive measures to deal accordingly.

Benefits of a Tier 2 Sponsorship License

After an organization receives a sponsor license, they are affiliated with the Home Office as a sponsor. The organization can start issuing a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to skilled foreign workers meeting the standard.

To many organizations, recruiting talent from overseas is valuable for the growth and development of businesses. Due to an end to freedom of movement to the UK from the EU, a dominant proportion of the UK workforce will need sponsorship from January 2021.

For if only, they fail to acquire their status in the UK before the deadline. At DV Solicitors, we deliver remarkably expert services in acquiring and managing Tier 2 Sponsor Licenses to various organizations.

Refusal for Visa Sponsorship Certificate Application

The most important part of the “Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship” is the application phase. For instance, if for some reason, your application for tier 2 sponsorship is refused by Home Office. A cooling-off period will be triggered for 6 months.

The period shall commence from the date of refusal. Due to the cooling period activation, no further tier 2 license application can be submitted at Home Office until 6 months.

Usually, if we consider that there has been a mistake regarding the refusal decision of your tier 2 sponsorship license application. We may proceed with the submission of pre-license error correction on your behalf.

If the decision still does not overturn, the only option left is to opt for judicial review. Our team of expert solicitors can help you in challenging the decision of sponsor license and court proceedings.

Renewal of Sponsorship Certificate License

The Sponsorship License is authorized for an initial period of four years. The certificate of sponsorship license can be renewed through the end of the fourth year.

If the organization wishes to proceed with the license and recruiting talent from non-EEA, they can opt for license renewal. We advise clients from tier 2 guidance to managing and extending sponsorship licenses.

The mock audits ensure that the organization is compliant with the compulsory obligations set forth by Home Office. We can advise on all aspects governing the sponsor license renewal process. Also ensuring that corporate clients comply with mandatory requirements before applying.

There's no better time than now

People rely on us, and we pride ourselves on our client-centered advocacy and representation.

Our Expertise

DV Solicitors has the best professional team of solicitors, experts in managing legal affairs associated with Tier 2 Sponsorship license.

Our Tier 2 Sponsorship License solicitors will provide complete assistance through the process of your visa application. Based on evaluation of your circumstantial situation, our experts will furnish advice and options accordingly.

Legal advice before the submission of a visa sponsorship license is vital to avoid any hurdles. We completely understand that Tier 2 Sponsorship License is essential to accommodate your business requirements.

Why Choose Us?

DV Solicitors is recognized for delivering excellence when it comes to legal affairs. Our team of solicitors is an expert at dealing with affairs regarding visa matters.

The solicitors will guide you through all aspects of immigration and are ideally positioned to explain complexities. Equipped with years of expertise and knowledge, our specialists are always ready to assist you with your legal obstacles.

We have helped many individuals across the country through a sensitive and complex process of visa applications.

How to Get in Contact

Please call us on 01234 350 244 or email us at for further information and advice about our family visa application services. We will happily provide you with a free initial discussion about your individual circumstances.

Frequently asked questions

What is a Tier 2 sponsorship?
A tier 2 visa sponsorship is an organization license to recruit skilled workers from outside the UK. The recruited skilled person must have a certificate of sponsorship (CoS).
How to Get Tier 2 Sponsorship?
The process requires submission of application, along with supporting documents as evidence to the Home Office.
How to Apply for Tier 2 Sponsorship?
Follow these simple steps to apply for the Tier 2 Sponsorship Certificate:
- Fill an online application form along with required supporting documents as evidence.
- Send these documents to UKVI with a well-defined covering letter along with the application.
What is a Sponsor License?
A sponsor license allows companies based in the UK to hire workers from overseas. The applicants can switch from most of the other visa types into skilled worker visas.
How Much Does a Sponsor License Application Cost?
The cost varies based on the type and size of the organization. The ‘medium’ and ‘large’ organizations pay around a sponsor license fee of £1,476.
What is a sponsor license rating?
There are mainly two sponsor license rating classified as:
- A-rating
- B-rating
If you are successful in achieving a sponsorship license, you will get an A rating. But if Home The office found your organization non-compliant with regulations, they can downgrade organizations from A-rating to B-rating.
What are Certificates of Sponsorship?
It is defined as an electronic document created on the Sponsor Management System (SMS) after a license is awarded. There are two main categories.
- Defined CoS
- Undefined CoS
What is the Processing Time for a Sponsor License Application?
The standard time duration for processing is 8 weeks. During the processing time, you can expect an audit from the Home Office to ensure compliance procedures.
What Happens if I Employ Migrant Workers Without a Sponsorship License?
It is a must to employ a worker with a valid license such as PBS dependent visa, or spouse visa. You are not allowed to hire a non-settled worker without a sponsorship license. Failure in compliance can result in civil penalties, also leading to criminal convictions.
How to Get a Sponsor License Number?
The sponsor license number can be found on the decision letter declaring the approval of the license. You can also find the sponsor license number on a summary page at the Sponsor Management System (SMS).
What are the Main Workers' License Categories?
The main workers’ license categories are:
- Skilled Workers (Formerly Tier2 General)
- Intra-Company Transfer (formerly Tier2 Intra-company transfer)
- Sportsperson
- Ministers of Religion


Sharing the Love

Our doors are always open for you, come at any time and have a cup of tea with us!

  • I’ve been dealing with Rosie for a few months now, after withdrawing from a property we continued to use her for the purchase of our new one. Rosie’s changed my perception of solicitors as she always acted in my best interests, always responds very promptly to any questions (regardless of how silly). I will certainly be recommending Rosie to friends and family. I’m sure we will have dealings in the future. Value for money is seconded to none. 
    Thanks again
    Jack Carter
    Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
  • We recently used DV Solicitors for the purchase of a commercial property. Mr Nasar Ali was our solicitor. It isn’t easy with any commercial mortgage especially Lloyds but as Mr Ali’s experience showed he was excellent from start to finish. Always keeping us up to date with what was happening. Probably have about 30+ emails from him lol. Great guy, excellent service, very professional and courteous throughout the whole process. Will use and definitely recommend. 👍
    Zubair Hussain
    Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
  • We have used Deo Volente for the first time rewriting our wills and making changes to property ownership. Ms Farida Ahmed talked us through the process by telephone in a friendly and helpful manner. Based on our experience I would use their service again and would recommend them.
    Robert Boyd
    Positive: Professionalism, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
  • DV Solicitors provided me an excellent service all through the settlement Application I highly recommend to friends and family as the best service and high skills And every each of them very high professionals high skills respectful and very polite in every way so I do recommend to everyone DV Solicitors and out of all I have deal with Angel she is very high skilled and professional in her job I recommend to everyone if you got a case like mine talk to her and she will get result you’re matter.
    Timos Cuni
    Positive: Quality

Drop Us Message And We Will Respond In No Time!

    | Read Term of Use

    Follow DV Solicitors

    Conveyancing Quality Scheme
    Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce