An EEA Residence Card is a residence document issued to non-EEA national family members and extended family members of EEA nationals who are exercising Treaty rights in the UK. Our team are specialists at assisting clients through the application process.

An EEA Residence Card confirms a right of residence in the UK. If you originate from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland and you have an EEA family member who resides legally in the United Kingdom, you may qualify for an EEA Residence Card in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

Due to the uncertainty of Brexit, many EEA citizens living in the UK have taken steps to secure their right of residence in the UK by applying for an EEA Residence Card or Permanent residence card.

Eligibility Requirements

You need to hold a Family Permit for six months before you can apply and meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • The EEA national is a qualified person – someone who is exercising Treaty rights or has the right of permanent residence.
  • Proof that you are the family member of the EEA citizen (but not a British citizen).
  • You are the ‘family member’ or an ‘extended family member’ of an EEA national.

You may also apply for an EEA Residence Card based on having a ‘retained right of residence’ if your relationship with the EEA national has ended or they have died.

An EEA Residence card is valid for up to five years. After five years of residence in the UK, the applicant can then apply for an EEA Permanent Residence Card.

How Do I Apply?

The EEA family member who is a qualified person can apply online for a residence card or permanent residence card. There is a £65 fee for these applications.

You must also pay £19.20 to have your biometric information taken. You will be told how to do this after you’ve applied.

How Do I Apply?

What Documents Will I Need to Provide?

To make an application you should seek legal advice. You will need to provide certain documents including but not limited to:

  • A valid passport
  • Evidence of your relationship to your EEA family member.
  • Your family member’s valid passport or national identity card.
  • Proof of your dependency if you are dependent on your EEA family member.
  • Proof that your EEA family member has permanent residency status or if they have been in the country for more than three months, that they are exercising their Treaty rights.

What Are the Advantages?

What Are the Advantages?

With an EEA Residence Card, you can travel to the UK with confidence, knowing that you will not experience any problems when entering the UK.

Also, after five years, you may be able to apply for an EEA Permanent Residence Card, and eventually, British Citizenship.

  • chat
    There's no better time than now

People rely on us, and we pride ourselves on our client-centered advocacy and representation.

What Happens if My Application is Refused?

You will have full right of appeal for both family members and extended family members should your application be rejected.
In this unfortunate but rare event, our lawyers will thoroughly examine the reasons and advise you on the best action to take. Alternative options include resubmitting the application, appealing the decision, or challenging it via Judicial Review.

Brexit Considerations

Your residence card will not be valid after 31 December 2020, however, there will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021.

You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.

Our Expertise

Our specialist immigration solicitors will be by your side throughout all stages of your application. They discuss your circumstances and present you with options on how to proceed.

Legal advice should always be sought before an application is submitted.

Why Choose Us?

Our solicitors have many years of experience in dealing with EEA Residence and immigration applications. They will expertly guide you in all aspects of your immigration requirements and are ideally positioned to explain any complexities and can represent your position robustly in order to achieve your desired outcome.

How to Get in Contact

Please call us on 01234 350 244 or email us at for further information and advice about our family visa application services. We will happily provide you with a free initial discussion about your individual circumstances.

Sharing the Love

Our doors are always open for you, come at any time and have a cup of tea with us!

Drop Us Message And We Will Respond In No Time!

    | Read Term of Use