Khurshid is a solicitor in the Immigration department and works from our Luton Office. He previously acted as a legal advisor to the Home Office before commencing and completing his training contract at DV Solicitors.
He is highly experienced in handling complex Immigration matters, with a strong focus on Judicial Review work, Immigration appeals, Nationality law and Asylum. Notable cases include the following;
- Judicial Review – Secured Immigration bail for a client who had been detained for 57 days under Immigration powers following the end of his custodial sentence. The High Court found that the client had been arguably unlawfully detained for the entire period and granted permission for Judicial Review.
- Judicial Review – drafted grounds of Judicial Review on an urgent and expedited basis and successfully persuaded the Government Legal Department and the Entry Clearance Officer to overturn the refusal of our clients application for a visitor visa within 3 days of issuing proceedings. As a result our client was able to attend his graduation ceremony at the University of Law.
- Nationality law – Obtained British Citizenship for a minor child who had been rendered stateless by the Indian High Commission
- Asylum – Obtained the grant of Refugee status for a member of the LGBT community from Pakistan
- Immigration Appeals – conducted advocacy and won an Immigration appeal for a client who had failed to submit all the specified evidence in respect of the financial requirements. Khurshid persuaded the Judge that notwithstanding the fact that the specified evidence was not submitted, there was still an abundance of evidence before the decision maker which clearly showed that the Appelllant was earning the required amount. The Judge agreed that in the circumstances it made no sense for the Appellant to return to his home country to submit a fresh application in circumstances where the income was clearly being met.
Khurshid has also represented and assisted clients in a number of Immigration applications which include (but not limited to) applications for Spouse visas, extensions, settlement, discretionary leave outside the rules, EU applications which include retained rights of residence applications, visitor applications and applications under the points based system to include students and their family members.